There’s something special about the new year with its fresh starts and blank canvases. For a moment, you hear life’s urging to brush your dreams across the space of possibility.
When possibility presents, you only have a brief amount of time to break from inertia and get into motion. Soon, everyday living will squeeze out motivation. Most New Year’s resolutions only last for a month!
So this year, I’m approaching my New Year’s resolutions like a new business owner would develop a brand. I’m going through a process that will help me to discover and focus on what is most valuable for my life. I’ve set out on this quest with dependency upon guidance from above because I believe when Jesus prayed, “Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven,” he had a purpose in mind for my life.
Here is an acronym I’ve creating to help me with life branding:
Brainstorm all of your values and talents.
Reorganize them into categories
Assess what is most important
Nurture those values and talents
Distribute them to others
Here are my top three:
- To God: nurture my relationship with the Lord so I can discern His will
- To myself: take time for self-reflection so I can focus and move forward
- To others: spend time with kindred spirits so I can grow spiritually and creatively
- Develop my painting, writing, blogging, and creativity business
- Put systems in place to ensure sustainability for the ed-tech reading intervention programs I oversee at work
- Share inspiration, artwork, and life skills with others
- Look for opportunities to give time and money to those in need
I invite your comments if you’ve found this process helpful or if you’ve developed one of your own you’d like to share. I wish you an inspired and purposeful coming year!
Pingback: Life Branding: Focused Fresh Starts | JoDee Luna's Blog·
I love your art work! I’m so inspired!
Thank you so much for your encouraging comment!