Seasons invites us to celebrate life’s changes with confidence, knowing there truly is …a time for every purpose under heaven. – Ecclesiastes 3:1
A woman’s face covers each quadrant of the mixed media background I created with my personal photography.
Each section resonates with images reflective of a particular season in nature and of the soul:
Winter of the Soul
- A garden angel with broken arm for those winters of the soul when brokenness drives us to put roots deeper into God in search of sustaining grace.
- The last rose of summer covered with snow crystals when life’s difficulties blanket our becoming with icy trials and testing.
- The Christmas season visualized with a Santa in a yard fully engulfed in a snow storm while the viewer gazes out the window; mug of hot chocolate in hand and crackling fire in the fireplace.
Springtime of the Soul
- The frozen ground of the heart thaws, ushering in a season of planting seeds of purpose.
- A time when the soul blossoms like the flowers that teem with life in the mixed media’s photos.
- When we venture outside of our busy lives to stop and smell the roses.
Summer of the Soul
- The coastline calls with sandy beaches, crashing waves, and gentle walks along the shore.
- Families gather under and around umbrellas to sip the sweet nectar of togetherness.
- All we’ve worked so hard to plant and cultivate begins to form, empowering us to venture out into oceans of possibility.
Fall of the Soul
- Leaves turn hues of cranberry red, burnt sienna, and raw umber.
- Weather cools as candlelight dances among pumpkins and berries in table top displays.
- Our soul senses winter approaching and we ready to withdraw from activity and press deeper into God’s destiny for us.
– JoDee Luna